- About Us
- Our Services
- Feature Jobs
- Contact Us
- How To’s
- Website Links
- Great Books – Landscape and Decks
- TV Shows
- Jobs For Bid
- Cervantes Landscape
- Cervantes Final Design
- Youel Landscape Concept
- Ashley Falls Landscape Design
- Canning Landscape Design
- Preston Pergola and Landscape Design
- Mark and Nyree Landscape Design
- Tofolo Landscape
- Cervantes Landscape Plan B
- Rizzo Landscape
- Bob Cerasoli Landscape
- Hy and Bonnie
- Deshponde Landscape
- Howell Landscape
- Prochazka BBQ
- Doucette Landscape
- Zilberman Landscape
English Garden Landscape
The simple and refined beauty of English garden landscape design can blend easily with a variety of home styles and is becoming a popular outdoor design theme for fine home owners around the world.
Gracious curves, lush green lawns, and fragrant, colorful blooms can transform your home into a relaxing outdoor hideaway, reminiscent of the tranquil English countryside.
The traditionalEnglish garden style has its roots in the English culture. It is most noted for the array of fragrant flowers and abundant, lush plant life, as well as theromantic element of secluded sitting areas and meandering walkways, covered with creeping vines and majestic shade trees.
Incorporating an English garden landscape design into your own property is simple. With the right landscape design materials and carefully selected outdoor accessories, you can create the perfect garden for your afternoon tea.
The Materials That Create English Gardens of Mystery
Winding pathways surrounded by flourishing plant life are an essential part of English gardens.
Whether you’re strolling through the garden under the light of the moon or enjoying the afternoon breeze in the midst of the sweet floral aroma, the design of your garden paths should add an element of romance and an air of mystery to your outdoor design.
The following materials are ideal for constructing pathways and patios in your English garden landscape design:
• Gravel is economical and easy to maintain.
• Bark is another inexpensive, yet beautiful, flooring option.
• Interlocking stone or brick pavers add an elegant charm to your English garden design and typically blend well with modern home styles.
Consider these tips when you design your paths and terraces:
• The English garden style boasts a relaxed, free-flowing ambiance. Design paths to be functional, but primarily to enjoy the beauty of your outdoor space.
• Opt for curves and soft angles in your landscape design rather than straight lines and sharp corners.
• Allow colorful flowers, sprawling greenery, and aromatic herbs to gracefully brush the edges of your paths for a natural, rustic appearance.
• Combine various path materials for a more authentic English garden look. Stone pavers are a nice match for both gravel and brick.
• Choose natural, unobtrusive colors for pathway materials.
• Grass is also an important element of your English garden landscape design. Plan sitting areas and other functional areas amid lush green lawns that allow you to enjoy the charm of your outdoor space.
Charming English Garden Accessories
The furnishings and décoryou add to your garden design can greatly influence the overall theme of your outdoor area.
When you plan your English garden landscape design, think simple, natural, and romantic and consider these accessories:
• Outdoor furniture with a weathered appearance is typical. Hardwood or teak garden furniture typically complements the English garden style.
• Design sitting areas to overlook the most scenic spots of your garden. Rustic garden benches and small tables with chairs are perfect choices.
• Garden arbors and trellises are key elements in the charm of English garden styles. Arbors with small benches can be covered with creeping, graceful ivy, richly sweet roses, fragrant honeysuckles, and a variety of other aromatic and attractive plants for a natural oasis that makes an ideal reading spot.
Tips For Attracting Nature
Traditional English gardens invite an array of insects andanimals that add to the quaintness.
Knowing that your garden is providing a haven for wildlifewill give you a closer connection with the nature.
Activities such as watch birds feeding or playing in a bird bath can lift the spirits and improve your sense of wellbeing.
Here are some tips for attracting nature to your garden:
• Create natural animal habitats with decorative arrangements of rocks, branches, or other natural elements.
• Select plants that attract butterflies, insects, and hummingbirds, like lavender, clover, and asters.
• Ponds and natural waterfalls are scenic additions to your garden and are inviting to birds, frogs, and other wildlife.
• Make your garden alluring to birds with colorful berry bearing shrubs, decorative bird feeders, and rustic bird baths.
• A natural, meadow style yard design will be the most appealing to native wildlife.
• Rustic wooden fences or decorative stone or brick walls make wonderful barriers and can add to the English garden style with climbing plants like wisteria and fragrant jasmine.
• Tranquil gazebos and scenic bridges make charming additions to your English garden landscape design.
English Garden Plant Life
The English garden style is full of natural charm created by an abundance ofcolorful, untamed plant life.
As with any landscape design, it is important to select a variety of blooms and shrubs to keep your yard colorful and vibrant year round.
The following suggestions are just a few ideas for plants to include in your design:
• Shade is an integral part of an English garden. Select plants that grow well without direct sunlight for these areas:
- • Delicate roses of various hues
• Lily of the valley, a native spring flower in English gardens
• Fragrant, creeping honeysuckles
• Dainty, bright primroses
• Colorful foxglove
• Potted plants make attractive arrangements in your landscape design. Try these suggestions:
- • Violas, forget-me-nots, and cornflowers are ideal for pots in shady areas
• Pot petunias, fragrant lavender, and herbs like rosemary with the charm of trailing verbenas to display in sunny areas
• Other English garden plants include:
- • Geraniums are attractive and require very little maintenance
• Grannies Bonnets add splashes of color to your landscape
• Peonies provide vibrant colors
• Aromatic sweetpeas are beautiful and create a romantic fragrance
• Delphiniums are essential plants in any English garden design
English garden landscape designs are unique and require special attention to planning details.
Similar styles, including the quaintcottage gardendesigns and the French country gardens , have the same relaxing charm but may be more appropriate for your property.
Explore this interactive photo gallery for ideas